Monday, July 26, 2010

Excuses, excuses

All summer -- or, so far this summer -- I've had all kinds of excuses not to run. Hot weather, business travel, sick kids, and did I mention it's so freakin' HOT? But last week, I laced up my Brooks and hit the road. It felt so darn good to run! I got four good cardio workouts in last week, plus a weight session with Ryan the UberTrainer, so I thought I was back on the exercise wagon.

Nope.

Last weekend, my husband's company took a half dozen execs and their wives on a weekend trip to celebrate some achievement award. Sounds great, right? Sure, until said weekend involves walking to dinner IN THE RAIN to a restaurant that is ON THE OTHER SIDE OF TOWN. For once, I was not wearing sneakers in my effort to dress like a grownup and look nice for hubs and his work buddies.

So, while I looked fantastic, I did this to my heel:

I know, tres sexy, right? By the time I clued in to the fact that the cute shoes were not just uncomfortable, they were creating bodily injury, this damage was done. I'm in flip-flops for the next few days at least.

And no, I did not shave my legs before taking this pic because I am just that classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment